Insights into NPK market and price drivers
The Argus NPK Fertilizers conference is designed as part of a global drive towards balanced fertilization. The inaugural conference was held in Singapore in 2014 and was followed by events in Thailand in 2015 and Vietnam in 2016 and 2017.
Myanmar’s agriculture has enormous potential given its abundant resources and excellent market positioning. But its fertilizer market is underdeveloped, with low utilisation rates. Argus has chosen Myanmar as the venue for the 2018 instalment of the event and aims to initiate an industry-wide dialogue on how to best develop the market, from raising awareness to improving infrastructure and achieving more efficient use of fertilizer.
The Argus NPK Fertilizers Myanmar 2018 programme will include presentations by international speakers and representatives from the local fertilizer community. With numerous networking opportunities available during the conference, delegates can leverage these face-to-face meetings to build long-term relationships.
- Investments in Myanmar’s fertilizer sector
- Role and utilisation of chemical fertilizers — straight versus compound fertilizers
- Fertilizer and water management strategies for Myanmar’s rice sector
- Economic and social issues impacting fertilizer decisions of smallholder farmers
- Fertilizer quality assessments and how they can be improved
The working language of the meeting will be English with simultaneous interpretation into Burmese.